WRC Banner
What to do with the injured bird in your hands?
May 06, 2009 | 8369 views | 0 0 comments | 63 63 recommendations | email to a friend | print
If you have a wild bird or other wild animal that is in critical need of attention during our transition the WRC staff remains available to assist you by answering your questions. In many cases, we may be able to relieve your stresses and frustrations over the phone as many birds brought in never need human intervention. With help and advice we may be able to help you reunite a baby bird with its parents.

It is against the law to house and attempt to care for native wildlife without proper training and permits. Therefore, we urge you to contact one of the resources listed below.

You may visit the following Utah Division of Wildlife Resources web page HERE for a list of qualified Utah rehabilitators that may be able to assist you by caring for the injured bird or animal. We do not recommend that you attempt to treat or care for any wild animal on your own. However while you are locating a licensed rehabilitator to transfer your injured animal, you may find the following websites helpful:

http://wildliferehabber.com/ http://starlingtalk.com/index.htm

We at the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Northern Utah understand your frustration during our transition. If you would like to speak with a representative in more detail regarding this topic, please send an email to info@wrcnu.org with your phone number and we will contact you within 48 hours.

We appreciate your understanding and support during this transition.

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
WRC Logo
“Man believes he must manage the wilderness for the wilderness’ sake. Wilderness: a perfect example of eons of successful self-management and yet man shall “manage” it to death.”
~Buz Marthaler~